Monday, April 12, 2010

Cutting into one vintage fabric has made me less afraid to cut into another. So here are some options that I'm considering:

Poor picture but this is a Hollywood pattern I picked up with a bunch of other patterns. Bodice is in, I don't know how many pieces...a bunch...there's the midsection with a dropped waist that is seamed up the middle with ruching at the center and the sides; the top is made up of four panels that are gathered in the center leaving a keyhole opening. I'll probably use cap sleeves because I'm all about short sleeves or even sleeveless year round. I figure I can always throw on a cardigan or jacket or coat no matter what season. I like that you can mix and match whatever color combinations you want, even though, I never do. The one illustration looks like satin panels in the center. Anyway, I don't have any evening dresses. My vintage wardrobe is mainly what I consider sportswear, which, come to think of it, mirrors my every day wardrobe. So I have a navy crepe (I think it's navy) that I think will work.


Option number 2. I love shirt dresses. I don't know why because I get awfully bored looking at my patterns sometimes when all I see are shirt dresses or some variation on the shirt dress. I would hate to waste my vintage fabric on a boring shirt dress. I'd love to do something with these two fabrics....but what.


The apple trees are kinda cutesy....is it even age appropriate? I never know.

No comments: