Monday, April 26, 2010

Butterick 2611

My next project: Dress has a square neckline with shirring or ties at the corners. Fabric is what I would call jersey, but am not actually sure as I'm not super good with identifying weaves. It's really soft and drapey though. Grey background with white flowers and red and black ribbon. I have a black straw tilt hat with red flowers that I will probably wear. No black shoes though! I do have a pair of black heels that I love but are way too narrow. I'm going to have to part with them and use the money to buy new shoes.
Mock up of the bodice. (Pardon the horribly unkempt bedroom) I wasn't sure how it would look with the gathers at the shoulders and the shirring. I was worried about it being too blousy, but it seems fine in the that regard. The neckline is all wonky though. The cotton I used for this isn't very drapey and I think (/hope) that it works better with the jersey. It will....right?....
I'm going to use the ties instead of the shirring so that it's adjustable. I like the open neckline on this.
Goal: Cut out pattern tonight.

No comments: