Thursday, May 6, 2010

Simplicity 3173

I picked up this patttern on ebay a bit ago. It's a junior's pattern but, aside from the cutesy heart shaped pockets on style 2, I don't think it's inappropriate age-wise. And I'm a sucker for puffed sleeves. (Note: I think some people could rock the heart pockets, but it's not my style. Plus, I tend to wear vintage only to reenactments, which besides equalling nerd city, also means going for accuracy.)

In this case, however, I'm going for Style 3:

I like the casual look and I can imagine wearing it on a hot summer day and being cool and comfortable. It's also one of the few blouse patterns I own that isn't a button down shirt. Which means, I can finally put this fabric to use:

When I bought this fabric, I didn't realize that the stripes were on the bias. I didn't think the drape would be quite right for a skirt so I was at a loss. I'm still not entirely sure about how it will look on this blouse but I'm willing to give it a go. There are dirt lines on the fabric so hopefully tonight I'll put it in the tub to soak over night and then pull it out tomorrow morning to dry.

No comments: