Thursday, May 13, 2010

Edit to post below + woe is me

My favorite of my husband's shirts is nothing special. It's a semi transluscent long sleeve white cotton button down shirt with white and pale blue plaid....on the diagonal. I never consciously noticed this before. Here is the woe is me part to this whole thing - I am reminded how uncreative I am. I am an excellent (imo) technical writer. You want me to expound on the rise and fall of the roman empire? I'll research the shit out of it and write a great technical paper. Will it be boring? Yep, but it'll have really good grammar, punctuation, and footnotes. I'm extremely visual and sensory oriented in general. I like looking at things, seeing colors, smelling books, turning my music way way up until the speakers blow. But it's hard for me to visualize my projects. I can like a fabric and like a pattern but I will struggle to see the finished product in my mind. It makes me very indecisive and I hate that. I know I'll be the same when we buy a house and I want to paint every room in the place. I'll be frozen with indecision, wondering if I'll like a color when it covers an entire room. Can I learn to be creative? I have no idea.

No comments: