Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Butterick 2611 Progress

I had every intention of doing the drawstrings but it was an epic fail. They were tiny and I couldn't pull them right side out no matter what I tried. I tried the instructions' way and then I tried to just pick and pull it through millimeter by painful millimeter. I was willing to do that! But then a little hole was created that became a big hole and it pulled out through the side. That was the last straw.
Ripping out stitches to remove the casings for the drawstring. Pain in my ass.
Setting in sleeves....another pain in my ass.
Zipper is in! Yea! Hmm...not the best, but it's in and it's staying. I bought a huge lot of metal zippers on ebay once and this is from that stash. The pull seem kinda big, but the zipper itself looks like it's the right size for dresses and skirts.

To do list: hem sleeves, tidy up miscellaneous threads, belt.

No comments: