Sunday, March 21, 2010

The sewing bug strikes again

I haven't sewn in a really long time so I decided to start up a couple things. Banged out a blouse today. It's from Simplicity 3394. I've made it before but this went soooo much smoother. I suck at anything with ease but the sleeves went in fairly problem free. They're not 100% but I can't emphasize how much I like looking at them. Feeling like I've made forward progress motivates me to get other projects done.


The fabric is a calico print from Joann Fabrics. It's a light blue with a slight green undertone. I guess that makes it aqua. The print is white geometric circles.

This is with flash in my apartment. Yeah, lighting in my place is shit. Also, my dress form isn't adjusted for my fat so that's why the blouse doesn't fit properly in this pictures. It fits me really well.

I just happened to have these buttons but I really like how the raised part of the button echos the print.
What I would change:
The blouse buttons with three buttons with the bottom one at the natural waistline. There needs to be a fourth or the three buttons need to be shifted down. I do have a fourth button that I may add to the bottom. Next time, If I make this again, I'll shift them down. I like there to be a little more of an opening at the top.
What I like
I love the fit of this blouse. There are darts in the front and four tucks in the back that make it really fitted below the waist. The pattern size is definitely true to size. Whips up really quickly!

No comments: