Tuesday, March 23, 2010

DuBarry 5579

I'm starting this next. It's a shirtwaist with a drop-ish wast (not really, I guess, but I don't know what to call it) and pleated skirt. The collar is cut in one with the front (which I like because it means no fiddling with a damn collar, ease, or anything else. Sleeves are darted into the armhole. The pleats are topstitched. It will actually look like this picture because I'm using green and white seersucker, but not intentionally. There are only 5 pieces to this dress, which is nice because pleating the skirt will be tiresome enough. It won't be hard....just tedious.

My hope is that the with the dress being fitted through the hip, the fullness at the bottom will balance out the top of me. Cute dress and I think it will be comfy in the summer.





No comments: