Friday, April 13, 2012

I smell reenacting in the air...

Well folks, it's that time again. The Reading Airshow is only a month and a half away - let the unnecessary vintage buying spree begin. Every year around this time I'm driven to make all kinds of vintage buys. For the MAYBE three times I reenact, it's really idiotic. Come. Let me take you on a tour of my vintage gluttony.
I purchased this pattern from Grey Dog Vintage on Etsy. I couldn't resist the wrap style, the diamond inset and the waterfall like drape of the skirt. I know I have some rayon material that would be great for this pattern. Now if only I could find it....
Ah, the elusive hooded dress. I have a feeling that any hood from a two-bit modern pattern could be adjusted and sewn onto any old shirt dress. But do I bother to experiment with this much cheaper option? Not me! (Bought from www.betsyvintage.com)

Linen handbag and straw shoulder bag from Rue23 Vintage on Etsy. I am always looking for shoulder bags. It's so inconvenient trying carry a handbag around. I am still considering buying a purse pattern and making one! The straw bag will be perfect for this summer, no?





Sunglasses from Death By Vintage on Etsy. Can never have enough accessories. Never.

Lovely rayon fabric with bright green confetti shapes. I love lime/chartreuse greens. They are bright and happy and I'm a sucker for green and navy together. This will most likely end up as a blouse in some sort of blouse/pinafore/suit type of ensemble.
Reading always turns my eye towards sleeveless summer dresses. I'm a child of the cold and Reading is always god awful when it comes to heat and humidity. So here is this awesome dress pattern from 1942 purchased from New Vintage Lady on Etsy. It looks so casual and cool for summer and I am a huge sucker for open backs! There is some fabric on Etsy that I am eyeing up for this. Hopefully the stars align so that the fabric is still available when my funds are! Not pictured - a suit jacket pattern that can also be a blouse in a light weight fabric.
PDF of knit tank top with a faux front opening. Purchased from Vintage Visage on Etsy. I think I bought this because it was cheap. I don't think that this is an immediate project. Probably more for next year.

No comments: