Monday, October 5, 2009

Autumnal Goodness



I love fall...possibly more than spring. I know, I'm probably a rare breed. The sky is blue and the leaves change into the most brilliant colors you see all year. The hot mugginess of August disappears with the cool winds of fall and I can finally don a pair of jeans, a sweater and a light scarf and be sooooo comfortable. I think part of the appeal of autumn is rooted in the good memories I associate with the season. I've always enjoyed cool weather - I can't stand being overheated. Autumn also meant the start of a new school year, even if you were going back to the same school with the same people, it was still a new year with new teachers and new books and new classes. I know, I'm such a nerd. In college it meant catching up with friends you might not have seen all summer. Autumn meant band and football games and parades and some of my all time favorite foods. I love apples and food made with apples and I love pumpkins and food made with pumpkins. The best holidays and breaks from school happen in the fall (or right after in the case of Christmas and New Year's Day). Autumn is great!

No comments: