Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So, sad story, the Simplicity 3517 that I ordered was actually sold, but not marked as such on the website :( In other news, I have to stop being lazy and take some pictures of my projects.

I finished my scarf! Yea. I don't think I've ever actually finished a knitting project. I usually get really gung ho about it and fizzle out about half way through but I really zipped through this one. It's called 'Celia' and is from a pattern on Knit on the Net by Just Call Me Ruby. I just started the gloves last night! Yea! I've made gloves before (well, one glove, see above) but when I read through the pattern I got a little confused. Granted, I'm basically a novice at knitting. Hopefully it all works out!

Also from knitonthenet.com, I finally got my copy of A Stitch in Time! I'm so excited and I think it will be worth the cost. Stupid dollar being so weak. It's a great book with some really cute patterns. It's also a pretty book and I love that it includes copies of the original patterns. So cool! And it smells good. I don't know what it is but I like smelling things, especially new books and magazines, old books, and leather.

I don't remember mentioning this before but I'm making another skirt with suspenders. I had made this last year perhaps out of some navy linen and I made a white cotton shirt to go with it. Pretty sure it no longer fits so I made another...well, I'm making another. I should have shortened the pattern because it's much much longer than I remember, as in it falls to my ankles. Honestly, sometimes I could really stand to be about three inches taller.

No comments: