Saturday, July 25, 2009

Munrospun Jumper....

...or 'sweater' for those of us in the former colonies. Behold ---- pattern no. 63:


Adorable! Love the yoke and buttons. I'm using Jojoland Ballad yarn in Peacock (color # 438, dye lot 001). It's a fingering weight 100% wool that is so soft and pretty. It's actually a deeper, darker green than it looks in this picture.


The pattern calls for 3.0 mm needles, which have no equivelant in US sizes (at least not in whole numbers but I have not seen half sizes in any store I have gone to) so I knit a swatch on #2 and it came out to 12 sts/inch (needs to be 8 1/2 sts), so I switched to #3. It's still a bit too many stitches but I don't want to go to larger needles because the yarn is so fine that I feel like my stitches look loose and sloppy. They're not as tight looking as I would like. Actually, the more I look at my stitches the more I want to go back to no 2's. I wonder what would happen if I tried to compensate by adding stitches. Maybe it's time for an experiment.


New pattern, like I needed one :P


I've really wanted a casual jacket that I could throw on over sportswear and I think this fits the bill. I can make it out of something light, just enough to keep the spring or autumn chill at bay or I could probably make it heavier for winter if I wanted to.

No comments: