Wednesday, October 15, 2008

UPDATE: I finally finished the pants! They were soooo easy but they aren't perfect. I'm only a poor amateur but I'm pleased with my first pants. Next time I'll know what to do and I'll also know to use a size smaller. I'll get pics up after this weekend. I'm wearing the jeans to the same car show I mentioned before. I'm driving my father-in-law's WWII Jeep to the show so he can drive his Weapons Carrier. I once attempted to drive the jeep in a skirt and it did not go well. I was so distracted by my skirt flapping around and flashing passersby that I could barely drive.

Slight change of plans. I got frustrated and took the pants apart. I bought a repro Simplicity pattern at Joann Fabrics that is in my size. I was able to use the pieces I had already cut since they were too big. I got everything pieced together and they should be fine with a little adjustment. I made a size bigger than I thought I'd need just in case but I am definitely going to take them in about an inch on either side. I think I may cuff them if I have the length on the bottom.

The sweater is definitely not going to be done by Saturday. I was hoping to finish it for a car show on Saturday as it is supposed to be cool for the first time in weeks! I can probably get the front and two sleeves done but there's no way I'll complete it. Oh well. I'll just wear a button up shirt with a jacket and take my knitting with me to the car show. There's just too much going on right now for me to devote all my time to one project.

***NEW PATTERN***




1941 Vogue pattern for blouse with button or pull over shirt. Size 12, 30 Bust. I'm really really excited for this pattern. I got it from Woodland Farms Antiques. I believe it's called Woodland Farms Vintage now. I've gotten so many great patterns from this site. I don't think I've been a 30 bust since jr. high school, but I just couldn't pass this pattern up.

I'd like to make the shirt that pulls over your head. I need sporty casual clothes. I'm rarely in the mood to be dressed to the nines, especially if I think I'm going to get dirty or if it's going to be a long day; sometimes, I just want to be comfortable. I'm going to keep an eye out for jerseys in cotton, rayon, or wool. I think it will look good with a skirt and with pants.

No comments: